It is an offence for a dog owner not to clear up after their dog has fouled in any of the following areas:
- All pavements,verges, roads, gutters, where the speed limit is 40mph or less.
- All parks, play areas, gardens, recreation grounds and sports grounds open to the public.
- All other amenity areas with public right of access.
- All shopping precincts, pedestrianised areas and car parks.
- All council land associated with allotments.
- All churchyards and cemeteries.
- All footpaths, bridleways and rights of way except where they cross agricultural land.
- All passageways with public right of access.
- All coastal public footpaths.
- All promenades and sea defences including slopes, steps and ramps.
- All beaches, both above and below high water mark.
Enforcement of the above is carried out by the Dog Warden Service. Dog bins are provided for the disposal of dog fouling and the emptying of the dog bins and the removal of fouling from roads and pavements is carried out under the Highways PFI contract.
Emptying of Dog Bins
There are approximately 280 dog bins located in residential areas, parks, gardens and on esplanades and these are emptied as part of the PFI contract between Island Roads and the Isle of Wight Council.
The dog bins are disinfected monthly.
Dog fouling on pavements and roads will be removed as part of the Highways PFI contract arrangement with the Isle of Wight Council.
Reporting a problem
If you wish to report a problem with regard to this service please call Island Roads on 822440.
Locations of Dog Bins
Where possible, we have tried to provide maps showing the precise location for each dog bin. Find a relevant area below and click on the street name/footpath to show the exact location, which is depicted by a red and white dog symbol.
Staplers Road (junction with Cross Lane)
Linden Road (junction with Winston Road)
Argyle Road (opposite Worcester Road)
Cameron Close (on grassed area)
Haskell Road (walkway between Haskell & Parkhurst Road)
Hewitt Crescent (by the bus stop)
Lonsdale Avenue (on the green)
Northumberland Road (near junction of Argyle Road)
Standen Avenue (on green by the bus stop)
Woolcombe Road (on grassed area at end)